CHICKEN WITH ZUCCHINI AND SPINACH RISOTTO
A simple delicious risotto the whole family will enjoy. And it's cooked in the oven so no stirring or standing at the stove. BONUS..
CHICKEN WITH ZUCCHINI AND SPINACH RISOTTO RECIPE
- 1 Brown Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Organic butter or Olive oil
- 1 Large Zucchine
- 500g Chicken Thighs
- Arborio Rice (check pack for quantity and stock needed)
- Organic chick stock
- Pack Spinach Leaves
- Tbs Butter to finish
- Grated Parmesan or Nutritional Yeast
- Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 220°c/200°c fan forced.
- Finely chop onion and garlic, grate zucchini and chop chicken thighs.
- Using a large frying pan that can transfer to oven (pref with lid) drizzle butter or oil.
- Brown chicken thighs and onion, add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add stock and rice and grated zucchini.
- Bring to the boil then remove from heat and transfer to oven covered.
- Bake until liquid has absorbed and rice is 'al dente' about 25 mins. (halfway through stir)
- Season with salt and pepper and stir through spinach leaved, butter and parmesan or Nutritional Yeast.
- Top with Roasted Pine Nuts.
Added optionals - Baked Pumpkin, pesto, mushrooms or prawns. All work well and add that little bit more deliciousness.
Enjoy xx Ali