CHICKEN & CORN STEW
This chicken stew is super delicious and can be eaten alone or made into a pie or served over mash or veggies.
Winter is the time to spend your rainy lazy days in the kitchen, cooking amazing nourishing meals with your kiddies, enjoying a cheeky red and listening to some music.
But most of all I love cooking meals that the kids will actually enjoy and eat.
This is a simple dish but has lots of flavour and you can add in your greens at the end when ready to serve.
CHICKEN & CORN STEW RECIPE
- Handful parsley
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 2 x leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 50 g ghee, (butter or oil of choice)
- 80 g rice flour (flour of choice)
- 250 g Organic chicken broth (stock of choice)
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 300 g frozen corn kernels
- Optional 50g Organic pouring cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Optional add ins after cooked Celery leaves, Spinach leaves, Rocket, Parsley etc.
CHICKEN & CORN STEW METHOD
- Chop Parsley ~ transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Chop Onion and Leeks.
- Add butter to pot ~ medium high heat, melt and add Onion and Leeks ~ cook 2 mins.
- Add flour ~ cook
- Add stock
- Add chicken
- Add Corn ~ Stir to combine, cook until chicken is cooked through and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper and reserved parsley and combine.
- Add optional add ins.