CHICKEN BROTH SOUP with Turmeric And Pepper
When unwell or anytime really this soup is delicious and super healthy, healing and tasty.
The kiddies love it as well.
CHIKEN BROTH SOUP RECIPE
- 2 x Organic Chicken Drumsticks (if you can't find drumsticks you can use any organic chicken on the bone.
- 1 x Large Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 x Carrots, chopped
- 2 x sticks Celery
- 1 x Zucchini
- Handful of Parsley (or any herbs)
- Fresh Lemongrass (optional) chopped
- 2 x Tbs Vegetable stock paste
- 8 Cups Water (if you have pre made broth you can use this instead of and no need to cook for so long)
- 4 Drops Doterra Turmeric Oil ( Fresh turmeric works well too)
- 3 Drops Doterra Pepper Oil ( Fresh Ground Pepper works well too)
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Pop a large pot on the stove, med high heat and add coconut oil
- Add Chicken and sear until browned
- Add onion and cook 2 mins
- Add Garlic and Lemongrass and cook 2 mins or until fragrant
- Add all other veggies and 8 Cups of water, stock, turmeric and pepper, cover and cook on low for up to 8 hours, topping up with water if needed. ( you can use a slow cooker if you like )
- Remove skin and bones.
- Add salt to taste
Enjoy with some rice noodles or on it's own.