If your anything like me & have bananas everywhere. In the freezer for smoothies & ice cream or in the bowl becoming overripe. Even smooshed in the kids bags. (YUCK but true)
You seriously need to whip up this bad boy. You will not regret it.
I would say this recipe is Healthy, so why not eat it for breakfast. Egg free = BONUS when you have a little one allergic to egg. And can be made however you like substituting ingredients as you feel the need = BONUS for anyone else suffering other allergies or intolerances.
Now beware, it did take along time to cook & I didn't time it. (Sorry )
I would say it probably took a good 1 and 1/2 hours - 2 hours.
Just cover it up with foil when you have reached a nice brown colour on top & cook until you think its done. It was still a little soft in the middle but no runny.
- 4 Overripe bananas
- 2 Cups oat flour ( I make my own by whizzing up Organic oat to make rough flour) This can be substituted with gluten free flour or Plain flour if desired. I would add about 1 and 1/2 cups & add more if needed.
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup sugar ( I'm guessing, but I'm sure you can use rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 2/3 Cup melted butter ( Can use any oil that tickles your fancy
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Handful of chopped walnuts ( optional )
- Blueberries ( optional )
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place bananas, Sugar, Melted butter & Vanilla in mixer bowl & mix on low to mash bananas & then a little faster to mix till combines. ( If using bowl & an electric mixer, mash banana first ).
- Add Flour, Baking powder, Salt & mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Arrange blueberries into love heart if desired.
- Place into hot oven & cook until browned on top, then cover with foil.
- Check every 15 mins until skewer comes out clean.
Everyone in our house loved this cake, It was beautiful & moist. I added butter to mine ;) AMAZING!!!
I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to let me know how it went at your place.
What a perfect time to have a cake with a love heart. Just in time for mother's day.